Our faculty was established in 1394 A.H, as the Ministry ofDefense and Aviation established an institute of meteorology that became aninstitute affiliated to King Abdulaziz University since the academic year1395/1396 A.H. Then the Supreme Council of the University approved in its16th session in 1396 A.H to add two new departments, namely, those ofArid Land Agriculture and Hydrology and Water Resources. In 1400 A.H, theregulation of the institute was approved and a fourth department was added,namely, that of Environmental Sciences. In 1401 A.H, the Supreme Council of theUniversity in its 28th session agreed to change the name of theinstitute to become the Faculty of Meteorology and Environmental Sciences. In1405 A.H, the Supreme Council of the University in its 36th sessionagreed to change the name of the faculty to become the Faculty of Meteorology,Environment, and Arid Land Agriculture, following the development introduced tothe educational plan of the Department of Arid Land to be highly concerned withthe methods of agriculture in arid land.
- Upgrading curricula in the four departments to keep pacewith modern scientific development in the field of applied sciences,meteorology, arid land agriculture and hydrology and waterresources.
- Connecting thecourses and programs we offer with the actual needs of the current and futuremarket.
- Upgrading studentsand enhancing their mental and research skills and encouraging them to adoptmodern scientific thinking and analysis.
- Setting courses in 8terms in 4 years in an order that helps students to reach the intendedscientific qualification.
- Participating inproviding the Kingdom with highly-qualified human resources and expertise andfulfilling the needs of the Kingdom in the field of research and scientificstudies in meteorology , environment, arid land agriculture and hydrology andwater resources.
- Offering knowledgeby extending and encouraging scientific research.
- Offering help toboth governmental and private sectors by making studies, providing consultationsand organizing conferences and training courses.
- Preparingwell-trained teams to work in the specializations available at the facultythrough technical and training programs at the different departments.
- Participating intransferring technology through Arabicizing books and using modern equipment tokeep pace with the development in the field of applied sciences (meteorology,environment, arid land agriculture and hydrology and waterresources).