Our faculty was established in 1394 A.H, as the Ministry of Defense and Aviation established an institute of meteorology that became institute affiliated to King Abdulaziz University since the academic year 1395/1396 A.H. Then the Supreme Council of the University approved in its 16th session in 1396 A.H to add two new departments, namely, those of Arid Land Agriculture and Hydrology and Water Resources Management. In 1400 A.H, the regulation of the institute was approved and a fourth department was added,namely, that of Environmental Sciences. In 1401 A.H, the Supreme Council of the University in its 28th session agreed to change the name of the institute to become the Faculty of Meteorology and Environmental Sciences. In 1405 A.H, the Supreme Council of the University in its 36th session agreed to change the name of the faculty to become the Faculty of Meteorology,Environment, and Arid Land Agriculture, following the development introduced to the educational plan of the Department of Arid Land to be highly concerned with the methods of agriculture in arid land.
- Upgrading curricula in the four departments to keep pace with modern scientific development in the field of applied sciences,meteorology, arid land agriculture and hydrology and water resources.
- Connecting the courses and programs we offer with the actual needs of the current and future market.
- Upgrading students and enhancing their mental and research skills and encouraging them to adopt modern scientific thinking and analysis.
- Setting courses in 8 terms in 4 years in an order that helps students to reach the intended scientific qualification.
- Participating in providing the Kingdom with highly-qualified human resources and expertise and fulfilling the needs of the Kingdom in the field of research and scientific studies in meteorology , environment, arid land agriculture and hydrology and water resources.
- Offering knowledge by extending and encouraging scientific research.
- Offering help toboth governmental and private sectors by making studies, providing consultations and organizing conferences and training courses.
- Preparing well-trained teams to work in the specializations available at the faculty through technical and training programs at the different departments.
- Participating in transferring technology and using modern equipment to keep pace with the development in the field of applied sciences (meteorology,environment, arid land agriculture and hydrology and water resources).