International cooperation in higher education is considered to be a strategic priority by the Saudi Ministry of Higher Education. Full support is provided by the ministry in order to elevate the level of international scientific, academic and research cooperation , through the signing of cooperative alliance agreements and the forging of essential cooperative partnerships with higher education institutions including universities , commissions and higher educational bodies in the Arab, regional and international educational arena..
The Faculty of Meteorology, Environment and Arid Land Agriculture has contributed to the achievement of this university’s strategic priority/goal through the establishment of a number of international agreements with academically prestigious universities in developed countries.
By the virtue of Allah and the support of the university’s higher administration the following five agreements have been signed:
* A cooperation agreement signed with the University of South Florida , USA, in the field of Environmental Science in order to use advanced technology in the treatment of industrial effluents .
* A cooperation agreement signed with Seoul National University in the field of Meteorology in order to establish a universal system that predicts effects of global climate changes in Saudi Arabia.
* A cooperation agreement signed with the University of New York , USA, in the field of Environmental Health in order to determine the effect on health of exposure to environmental pollutants.
* A cooperation agreement signed with the University of Helsinki and the Finnish Meteorological Institute in the field of Environmental Science to study the chemical and physical properties of air pollutants (particulate matter).
* A cooperation agreement signed with the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in the field of Environmental Science to study environmental factors for colon cancer.